Friday 6 February 2015

Inside the sack

There's something rather unsettling about the view. Almost 300 million stars shouldn't just disappear like that.

The navigation systems tell me I'm pointed in the right direction. But dammit they're all gone. As if they had never existed.

The Coalsack has well and truly been pulled over my head.

The blemish has engulfed my ship and if I tried to buff it off now I'd wear down my hull to the power distribution systems. I've I had lived here all my life then I wouldn't even begin to guess that a bright and populated galaxy was thriving just out of sight and grasp.

Or beyond my imagination.

Only a few bright local stars are sprinkled around the sky giving a semblance of company. I'm grateful at least for that.

Time to turn around and make the journey home.



No comments:

Post a Comment